Looking for a new gadget can be a difficult task for a lot of people. And yet, who can live without one? Tablets and laptops have created their own space in our worlds apart from mobile phones.
But it can be confusing, because we all know- they are not cheap!
Thus, buying the wrong device sounds disastrous. While exploring all the possibilities, it would be frankly stupid to dive in without any research or knowledge about the gadget you wish to buy.
Here are a few factors that you should consider while choosing a laptop. And, if you are a graphic designer, there might be a looming question in your head screaming “Are touchscreen laptops good for drawing?”
We know, with so many options available, the mind seems to be tempted. Which feature to look for, which gadget to choose? The tip of the day is- know your needs.
Buying Guide for Touchscreen Laptops for Drawing
Once you have figured out why you need a laptop or a tablet, it becomes pretty simple to find the right choice. Let’s say you are an artist- a professional or even an amateur artist.
How will you choose a laptop that enhances your style and adds to your work? Following is a list of features that you might want to look for when you go laptop shopping.
Art is all about details, so the display quality has to be a key feature in your journey to choosing the right laptop. The display features include resolution, screen size, and color accuracy.
High power CPU
The central processing unit is responsible for the proper functioning of your system, be it PCs or your laptops. For tasks like virtual art, you require to run software such as Adobe illustrator that puts the load on your CPU. Thus, look for a good processor so that your gadget works effortlessly, so can you.
It is easier for us to hold a pen and paper to draw. Why? The answer is simple- better access to the medium. That is what a touch screen provides. These laptops are exceptionally user-friendly and help you to work without struggle. Touchscreen with a stylus is heaven for all the artists out there!!
What better are all the features if your battery drains faster than you imagine? You should look for laptops that have abundant battery life for at least 10-12 hrs. With that, you can carry your laptops and your creativity anywhere with you.
A graphics card is a must for professional artists since it eases the load on your CPU. It also helps you work with advanced software without any lagging.
You would like to have a laptop with at least 8 GB RAM for your work to be stored all in one place and easy accessibility to it.
To run general functions on a laptop is different from drawing. With all the extra features, the price of a decent computer tends to get higher. But we assure you, this is indeed a good investment.
Better laptops not only provide the best quality work but are also reliable and durable. As an artist who has just begun, you may not be able to spend over the top on your laptops.
It is understandable. But, be aware; the frustration of a slow CPU, running out of battery and storage may obstruct the flow of your work.
After considering all these features, recently developed touchscreen laptops seem to be a good fit. Touchscreen laptops offer you another way to interact with your computer screens.
They are easily convertible machines that can be utilized as tablets as well. Are touchscreen laptops good for drawing? We shall understand this in detail in the next section.
Advantages of Touchscreen Laptops
- Touchscreen- The best part about these laptops is the touch-controlled interface display, and having tactile sensations makes the computer user-friendly.
- Size and structure- Touchscreen laptops are smaller than traditional laptops. It makes them easier to carry and travel. A 2-in-1 convertible laptop is one stunning feature that allows complete 360-degree access to the laptop screen.
- Problem with keyboard- Continuous typing on keyboards can be annoying. Keyboards need to be maintained, kept clean, away from dirt and debris. You can say bye to all of these problems on a touchscreen laptop.
- Stylus- Touchscreen laptops mostly come with a stylus which makes your work more defined and specific.
- Resting surface-With the hectic schedule we all have, we are always on our laptops and phones. The touch screen makes it easier to work on these laptops as you do not require a stable surface to rest your laptop on. You can type and draw while lying down, on a sofa, or in the metro. So forget the struggles of adjusting the keyboard in your laps, only to get your work finished!
- Display- Observe art as if it’s real! With a touchscreen laptop, you receive high-quality display features. They have outstanding color accuracy, vibrancy, and dazzling brightness.
Disadvantages of Touchscreen Laptops
Though there are advantages to owning a touchscreen laptop, we should not overlook their share of disadvantages.
- Battery Discharge – High display quality leads to a faster battery discharge. Thus, these laptops can have a shorter lifespan after a single charge than their non-touch counterparts.
- Cost – These laptops can be out of your budget. You can always opt for the less costly options.
- Weight – Touch screen laptops can be a little heavier than others.
- Glossy screen – The glossy screen allows for a better touch screen but makes the surface very reflective.
A few suggestions for the best touchscreen laptop include:
- HP SpectreX360 2-in-1
- Microsoft Surface Pro7 2-in-1 laptop
- Lenovo Yoga book C930
- HP Envy x360
- Samsung Notebook 9
- MacBook Air
We hope that now you have an idea of what to look for in the laptop you desire. Even though there are some cons to these gadgets, the benefits outweigh them. So, the question is – are touchscreen laptops good for drawing?
We hope you can answer it for yourselves now. If you are an artist and drawing is your soul, it is time to switch to touchscreen laptops!