The best laptop for drawing has proven to be a more practical way to take your art digitally. Digital drawing has become a popular art form in the last few years.
It is important to have the right equipment for digital drawing, and not all laptops work well for this purpose. The best laptop for digital drawing is one that will be able to keep up with the demands of your drawings.
When you are choosing a laptop, it’s important to consider what type of artist you are and what features you need. If you’re doing graphic design on a computer, then the requirements will be different than if you do animation or digital art.
This article will walk through all of the steps so that your new drawing machine can help make your work more efficient!
Top Laptops For Drawing – Reviews
Top Picks for 2021
If you‘re searching for a laptop for drawing or a laptop for digital art, we have cut down a list of laptops you can draw on to make your decision easier.
Choose the best drawing laptop which fulfills your needs and requirements.
Best 2 in 1 Laptops For Drawing
Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 Laptop
The Flex 5 is a yoga-inspired 14.0″ 2-in-1 laptop designed to be your workhorse for today and tomorrow,
With a dual-hinge that flips into four modes like a tent, stand, tablet, and notebook without slowing down the mocha flow.
The design of the keyboard of 2 in 1 laptop for drawing was created so you’re never too far away from tactile feedback while typing or sketching with Lenovo’s Pen Pro+.
Rigid aluminum construction resists scratches and spills to keep performance high as it becomes family heirloom material after many years of dedicated service.
You can create powerful presentations, browse the internet for new ideas,
or just watch a video on its FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display from different viewing angles up to 180 degrees.
With an AMD Vega graphics card, you can be confident that this budget laptop for art will give you plenty of power for your tasks and entertainment needs.
The Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop blends rugged durability with cutting-edge technology – so start using one today!
- The AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor (2 GHz, up to 3.4 GHz) of best laptop to draw on delivers a powerful combination of quad core performance and energy efficiency for smooth multitasking.
- The 16GB DDR4 Memory of lenovo drawing laptop ensures fast response times when running multiple programs or intense data processing tasks.
- The 256GB Solid State Drive allows you to boot up in seconds, load files quickly, and run demanding applications with ease.
Best Laptop for Drawing and Animation
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
The Acer Aspire 5 is the perfect balance of performance and portability.
The best laptop for digital drawing is equipped with an 8th Gen AMD Ryzen™ 7 processor, Radeon™ RX Vega 10 graphics, and up to 8GB DDR4 RAM for smooth performance and multitasking.
The 512GB SSD in laptops for drawing and animation provides ample storage space for all your files and the Windows 10 Home operating system gives you access to thousands of apps from the Windows Store.
The 15.6″ Full HD IPS display in a digital drawing laptop provides an immersive viewing experience with stunning clarity.
The full-sized keyboard features backlit keys for typing in low light or no light at all, so you can work just about anywhere.
It also has ample ports including USB Type C and HDMI to connect your favorite devices and accessories.
Cheap drawing laptop supports 802.11ac dual-band wireless connectivity for smooth loading and internet surfing.
With its built-in fingerprint reader, facial recognition technology, and Windows Hello support, it has all the tools you need to log in securely and easily.
- Best laptop for digital art and gaming comes with an Intel Core processor as well as AMD graphics card that delivers high frame rates of up to 120 fps when used for gaming or animation work.
- It has built-in Dolby Audio and Acer True Harmony technology for clear audio experience.
- Acer drawing laptop comes with two slots where you can insert a memory card. The first slot supports SDHC cards while the other one can accommodate SDXC cards.
Best Chromebook For Drawing
ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 2 in 1 Laptop
The ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 2 in 1 Laptop is a sleek and stylish laptop that weighs less than two pounds, offers high performance.
The best convertible laptop for drawing has a 14″ touchscreen FHD Nano Edge display with a 360° hinge,
which allows the screen to flip around for use as a tablet or tent mode.
The 14″ Nano Edge display has wide 178° viewing angles so you can see the screen clearly from almost any angle.
The best budget laptop for artists has an Intel Core m3 processor which delivers smooth performance,
While the 8GB RAM ensures that you will have multiple tabs open at once without slowing down your device.
It comes with 64GB of eMMC storage, giving you plenty of room for your favorite apps, games, music, and more.
Asus drawing laptop has 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity, you can stay connected wherever you are and Bluetooth 4.1 makes it easy.
The Chromebook also features up to 10 hours of battery life so you can enjoy your favorite movies on the go.
- The backlit keyboard makes typing easy even in dim light!
- Stunning Nano Edge display in 2 in 1 drawing laptop boasts a slim bezel, which makes it possible to fit a 14-inch display into an 11-inch chassis.
- Cheap laptop for drawing has built-in fingerprint sensor offers instant logins with Windows Hello.
- The dual band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) delivers speeds up to 8x faster than other wireless connections.
- At just 1 inch thin and weighing 2 lbs., this laptop is easy to take anywhere you go.
Best Touch Screen Laptop For Drawing
HP Spectre x360
The HP Spectre x360 is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop that has an elegant and sophisticated design.
2 in 1 laptop with pen for drawing features an aluminum body with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on both sides of the screen and a 360° flip hinge which allows you to use it as either a notebook or tablet.
The best laptop for procreate has a touch display with full HD resolution and the computer has a fingerprint reader for added security.
The keyboard is backlit and there are stereo speakers on either side of the device.
Touchscreen laptop for drawing has a 13.3″ diagonal FHD touch screen display for easy navigation and interaction.
The GEM cut diamond-cut design of the HP Spectre x360 is eye-catching while keeping a professional look that can be used in both work or school settings.
Best touchscreen laptop for artists is the first-ever to feature Intel’s new 10th generation Core i7 processor and the latest NVIDIA GeForce MX150 graphics card for ultrafast performance and smooth visuals.
An efficient laptop drawing pen makes it an ideal choice for a sketching laptop.
And its battery lasts up to 15 hours, so you can go all day without recharging.
- It features an Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage so you can run multiple programs simultaneously without slowing down.
- The Bang & Olufsen audio system delivers crisp sound quality from every angle.
- The HP Stylus in laptops with stylus for drawing gives you a natural pen experience, while the Nightfall Black finish gives a classy look.
Best Tablet Laptop For Drawing
HUION KAMVAS Pro 16 Graphics Drawing Tablet
The Kamvas Pro 16 Graphics Drawing Tablet is ideal for both professional artists, digital illustrators, and designers who want to create high-quality artwork using their PC or Mac.
A laptop graphic tablet is a perfect tool for drawing, sketching, photo editing, and digital painting.
It has a 15.6-inch screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution and a 178-degree viewing angle.
The tablet with pressure-sensitive stylus has a pressure sensitivity of the pen up to 2048 levels so you can create strokes of varying thicknesses depending on how hard you press the pen against the screen.
It also comes with 8192 levels of pen tilt recognition that allows you to create natural shading effects on your work when using it as a drawing tablet monitor.
Digital art tablet is compatible with both Windows, Mac, and Chromebook operating systems, so you have full flexibility to use it as you please.
The screen is full-laminated to prevent glare and provide a clear view of the digital art.
Best drawing tablet features a battery-free stylus that allows you to draw naturally on the screen without worrying about draining your battery.
The adjustable stand of the best art tablet allows you to find the most comfortable viewing angle while drawing or working on your computer.
- Cheap drawing tablet has a wide color gamut that supports 100% of Adobe RGB and 96% of DCI-P3 color space to bring out the most vivid hues from your artwork.
- Work faster and more efficiently with best drawing tablet for beginners due to a variety of tools designed to boost your performance.
- With multi-touch support for Windows 10 devices (sold separately), you can even use gestures such as pinch-to-zoom when creating artwork on screen!
Best Notebook For Drawing
Apple MacBook Pro 13 Inch
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro is the ultimate pro notebook.
Best laptop for graphic design and drawing delivers more performance in a thinner design and it has all-day battery life.
Touch Bar and Touch ID make it even more responsive and natural to use.
Best laptop for photo and video editing has a larger Force Touch trackpad which gives you a greater range of gesture controls.
The Best apple laptop for artists features a stunning Retina display with True Tone technology.
The display has IPS technology built into it for wide viewing angles and color accuracy.
The best laptop for adobe illustrator is woven with the brightest Mac notebook display ever with 500 nits of brightness and support for a billion colors.
Best laptop for graphic artists also features the Apple M1 chip, which provides fast processing speed and graphics performance.
Laptop for 3d designing is equipped with a 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning.
8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games.
With 8GB RAM, this MacBook Pro can handle multiple jobs at the same time without any lag or hang-ups in performance.
This MacBook Pro also offers 8 – 16GB RAM and 256GB – 2TB storage space.
- The best laptop for video editing has a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels, making it ideal for editing photos and videos.
- M1 chip in best laptop for premiere pro features touch ID fingerprint sensor, secure boot and encrypted storage, Hardware AES 256 bit encryption, built-in data protection and T2 Security Chip for discrete on-the-go security without impacting performance.
- With over 1 million apps in the App Store, there’s something for everyone. Browse through them all with ease due to the ultrafast loading times of the M1 Chip and 8GB RAM.
Best Laptop For Digital Art
Apple MacBook Pro – 16 Inches
The new MacBook Pro is the most advanced Mac ever.
Best laptop for graphic designing features a stunning 16-inch Retina display with True Tone technology that adapts to your environment for a more natural viewing experience.
The Touch Bar replaces the function keys in the laptop for graphic design with an integrated touchpad that provides context-specific functionality.
The best laptop for designers has the brightest, most colorful Mac notebook display ever.
The 16-inch model is the fastest Mac notebook ever, and it has up to 10 hours of battery life.
Best laptop for animation and graphic design features up to 16GB of DDR4 RAM, a True Tone Retina display, Apple T2 Chip, Radeon Pro graphics, and four Thunderbolt 3 ports that deliver transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps.
Its 1TB hard drive lets you store all of your files in one place.
The best MacBook for graphic design now features a ninth-generation 8-core Intel Core i9 processor that works at peak performance and delivers more power for demanding tasks.
- Best laptop for graphic design and video editing has Radeon 5000M graphics processor which offers up to 60 percent faster graphics performance for gaming, video editing, VR content creation and more compared with its predecessor.
- The MacBook Pro’s Retina display features a wider color gamut, delivering 25% greater color saturation than the previous generation.
- The best laptop for creatives features a 9th generation Intel Core i9 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 4.8GHz and performance that rivals professional workstations.
What is Digital Drawing?
Digital drawing is a type of art using digital tools to create images.
Drawing for artists can be done on paper, film, or with a computer program - many times it’s called “digital drawing.”
Most common materials include pens, pencils, and markers.
Artists use these tools to draw shapes that are usually created from lines, points, or polygons.
Why Digital Drawing is Important?
Digital drawing is unique because it does not need to be created on a physical surface like paper.
Artists can create their work digitally and then print or store the image in an electronic format.
This has become more popular as digital tools are growing in popularity for artists, designers, and illustrators - especially those who use computers at home or in the office.
How laptops can help art work?
The drawing laptops are especially good for:
- Graphic Designers
- Comic Artists
- Creative Professionals
- Who wants to create their artwork much faster
In conclusion, laptops are an essential tool for artists and animators.
They can help with your workflow if you know what features you need as well as the best budget-friendly laptop to buy.
The most important thing is that when buying a laptop make sure it has the right specs for the type of artwork you’re doing.
How to Choose & Buy Best Laptop for Drawing?
There are few considerations when buying laptops for artists: budget, type of artist, and features you need.
How Much Budget is Required to Buy Best Laptop for Artists?
It depends on the artist. For example, an entry-level drawing laptop with a 15.0″ screen for digital artists who do graphic design would cost about $800-$1000+.
On the other hand, if someone is looking to buy a laptop specifically for animation or another form of digital art then they will need something more expensive that has better specs “such as the NVIDIA GTX series.”
If you’re on a tight budget, then it is best to buy laptops that have lower specs;
Otherwise, your work may not run smoothly enough for your liking.
What are Requirements of an Artist for Buying a Laptop?
Type of artist and required features: What type of work the artist does as well as specific features needed for that work.
For instance, if you do animation or digital art, or graphic designing and use programs like Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator,
Then it will be best to buy laptops with higher specs because they will have better performance as well as quality graphics cards that support those programs “such as the NVIDIA GTX series.”
Screen size: Artists who do large drawings may require more screen space, whereas if you are doing detailed work with smaller sketches then a laptop with fewer pixels will be sufficient.
These are the minimum requirements for good laptops for drawing.
- The Storage size 256-512 SSD or higher are likable.
- Windows 10 OS and the GPU with 2GB RAM and Discrete Graphics
- 8 or 16 GB RAM and the Processor Core i7 or higher
- The Display screen size must be at least 13-inch or higher.
- The Screen Resolution should be 1920 x 1080 or higher
No matter which type of work you do, as an artist you can use these requirements as a benchmark for buying good laptops for artists.
Finally, if you know what features you need for drawing “such as a laptop with an IPS screen and great battery life,” then it is best to buy laptops that have those specifications.
Best Laptop For Drawing And Animation Accessories
Following are the best laptop for drawing and animation accessories that can help you to complete projects on time.
- Stylus Pen for Touch Screens
- Huion H610 Pro V2 Graphic Drawing Tablet
- Digiroot Universal Stylus
- A4 Portable LED Light Box Trace
- Stylus for HP touchscreen laptop
If you want to be the next Michelangelo, then check out our laptop recommendations for artists.
We’ve done all of the research and testing on laptops so that you don’t have to.
We have a list of seven laptops that are perfect for different types of artists.
Whether it is graphic design or animation, whether you need one with high-end specifications or just something to get started,
We recommend a specific type of computer-based on what your needs are as an artist.
If there’s anything else we can do to improve our post on finding the best laptop for drawing and graphic designing,
Please let us know in the comments below!
What are the best laptop for drawing?
Convertible and Touch screen laptops are the best for artists. The laptops have possessed qualities such as dedicated graphics units, best display, top-notch performance, fast RAM, and long battery life.
How can one draw easily on a laptop?
Which processor is good for drawing laptops?
Laptops with the configuration of Intel i7 or i9 CPU are best because they give the best drawing result on the device. These processors provide up-to-the-mark performance and fast speed for complex tasks.
Which is the best drawing computer or laptop?
The best drawing computer is a little cheaper than a laptop, but you can take a laptop where ever you want to. On a laptop, you can draw with a pen by using the best laptop pens.
What is the best laptop digital pen for drawing?
The best laptop for the digital pen is input buttons, the sensitivity of touch, ability to storing data of handwriting.
Which is the best stylus for drawing on laptop?
Digiroot Universal Stylus is a cheap and best-quality stylus pen for drawing.
What is the best drawing software for windows 10 touch screen laptop?
Krita, Artweaver Free, Microsoft Fresh Paint are the best drawing software for touch screen laptops.
Here are some other interesting options for you to check out:
- With a 1920 x 1080 full HD touch screen display and the powerful and efficient AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile Processor, you can work, stream, and game for...
- Comprehensive, built-in, ongoing protection with Windows 10 helps protect you against viruses, malware, and ransomware
- Convenient true block privacy shutter allows you to physically close your PC's webcam whenever you're not using it
- With the included active pen, you can draw or take notes directly on the screen, anywhere you go
- Up to 10 hours of battery life with recharge technology to power your laptop computer up to 80% in just one hour
- LIGHTWEIGHT 2-in-1 DESIGN At just under 3 pounds, the Chromebook Plus is incredibly lightweight. You can easily fold it into tablet mode for...
- BUILT-IN PEN Experience the power of the incredibly precise built-in pen that never needs charging. It's always ready to write, sketch, edit, magnify...
- DUAL CAMERA Fold your laptop into tablet mode to capture clear shots and even zoom in for a closer look with the revolutionary 13MP world-facing...
- CHROME OS AND GOOGLE PLAY STORE Create, explore and browse on a bigger screen with the tools you use every day —all on the secure Chrome OS
- POWER AND PERFORMANCE Tackle anything with a long-lasting battery and Intel Celeron processor. Store more with 32GB of built-in memory and add up to...
- Premium Chromebooks offer high performance for multitasking and advanced workloads.
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in...
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Convertible Chromebook with Intel Core i5-8250U, 13.5" (2256 x 1504) Corning Gorilla Glass NBT IPS 10-point multi-touch screen, 8GB Memory, 128GB eMMC...
- Typical 11. 6 inch HD(1366 x 768) Non-Touchscreen Display. Intel HD Graphics 400
- Intel Celeron N3060 Dual Core Processor (1. 6GHz with turbo upto 2. 48GHz) with 4GB Memory, 16GB eMMC,
- 1x Audio Jack, 1x HDMI, 2x USB 3. 0 Type-A, 1x SD card Reader,
- Wireless-AC( 3x faster than Wireless-N), Bluetooth, Build-in HD webcam with two microphones.
- Chrome OS. 3-Cell Lithium-ion battery. Color: Black. Item weight: 3. 09lb
- Clean, elegant design — Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: New Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest processors – Surface Laptop 3 is up to two times faster than surface Laptop 2
- More ways to connect, with USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- All-day power on the go, with up to 11.5 hours of battery life, plus standby time when you’re away. Go from empty to a full battery with fast...
- XP-PEN Artist 22 (2nd Generation) Drawing Tablet comes with a strikingly large 21.5-inch display. It features 1080p resolution, has a superb color...
- Artist 22 (2nd Generation) Drawing Monitor supports a USB-C to USB-C connection, which allows you to connect your iMac, Mac Book Pro, or Windows...
- The battery-free stylus supports up to 60 degrees of tilt function and 8,192 pressure sensitivity levels, helping you to effortlessly create exquisite...
- With better accuracy, the Artist 22 (2nd Generation) lets you draw with more precise cursor positioning, even at the four corners. This ensures a...
- XP-PEN Artist 22 (2nd Generation) Graphics Tablet supports Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS X 10.10 (and higher), and Linux. It is also compatible with popular...
Best Laptop For Drawing
These are the best affordable laptops for drawing with stunning design, the perfect balance of performance, productivity, and portability.
Value for money