Sims 4 has gained wide popularity over the years due to its attractive features and interesting challenges. However, the game is extremely powerful and CPU-intensive in nature and requires an ultra-fast processor to operate efficiently.
Thus, for this purpose, a wide variety of laptops have been manufactured to fulfill the users’ requirements.
These laptops are integrated with powerful processors, a wide display screen, ergonomic keyboards, large RAM, and exceptional durability. However, this is not the end.
The article provides some insights into the best laptops for Sims 4 based on these attributes, along with a few factors that can guide your choice for the selection of a suitable product. So, keep reading the article for more information in this regard.
Top Picks of This Year
1. ASUS VivoBook F512 Laptop – Laptop For Sims 4
ASUS VivoBook F512 Laptop is a remarkable product manufactured using high-quality materials and offers exceptional durability. This imparts strength to the gadget and protects it from getting damaged due to a wide variety of factors. In addition to this, the 15.6 inches wide screen coupled with a powerful processor adds five stars to its overall abilities and makes it stand out among the rest of its competitors.
The touch screen features vibrant colors that seem pleasing to the eyes and attract viewers’ attention instantly. We also highly appreciate the enhanced memory and storage capacity offered by the system, which enables you to use it for a variety of applications, including gaming, without worrying about performance inefficiency. The 8GB RAM will also prevent the laptop from getting stuck in the middle of a task even when there are multiple applications running in the background.
Thus, offering you outstanding efficiency and responsiveness in the long term. Apart from these, another highlighting attribute of the system is the comfortable keyboard which features an ergonomic construction design and is perfect for a diverse range of consumers.
The keyboard is also characterized by the inclusion of the fingerprint sensor, which can be activated with Windows Hello.
Similarly, it is also backlit in nature and is perfect for use at nighttime when the surrounding light is dim. This will enable you to type conveniently without overstraining your eyes.
We highly suggest investing in this option if you are searching for a durable and low-maintenance product for daily use. We assure you will not feel disappointed with this investment.
ASUS VivoBook F512 Laptop is a tough competitor to some of the other options available in a similar price range. Its separate USB port allows you to connect a wide range of other devices to it for data sharing and transfer and improves the overall abilities of the system. Lastly, it is also relatively lightweight and can be carried around from one place to another without any difficulty.
2. MSI GL65 Leopard – Gaming Laptop For Sims 4
MSI GL65 Leopard Gaming Laptop is one of the most expensive options included in the list of the best laptops for Sims 4. Its high-quality attributes and eccentric design amplify its performance to a great extent and make it stand among the others of its kind.
Similar to its previously mentioned counterpart, this gadget also features a 15.6 inches large display screen which is highly durable in nature and is not prone to get damaged due to external factors.
The display is also extremely bright in nature and features vibrant colors that can easily attract the user’s attention and seem pleasing to the eyes. The powerful processor is also highly responsive in nature and will not get stuck in the middle of any task. Furthermore, you can run more than one application in the background without worrying about performance inefficiency or any other related issues.
This, coupled with the 16 GB large memory, allows you to use Netflix and other applications without any underlying concerns. Moreover, the storage can also be increased by the integration of external storage devices such as USB drives and SD cards. The USB port can also be used for connecting the gadget to a wide variety of other devices without exerting any additional effort.
Last but not least, the multiple languages incorporated into the system improve its suitability for multiple users and increase its versatility to a great extent. This, alongside the giant speakers, allows you to enjoy endless music throughout the day and watch movies with your friends without especially going to theaters for this purpose.
MSI GL65 Leopard Gaming Laptop is second to none in terms of performance and efficiency. It is specifically designed for gaming purposes and can be used by both beginners and professionals alike.
Moreover, it features a powerful battery that can retain power for a long time on a single charge. We highly suggest trying this out if you are looking for a performance-oriented product and are not worried about your budget.
3. Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop – Best Laptop To Play Sims 4
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop is our ultimate recommendation to all those that are looking for the best laptops for Sims 4 in 2022. Belonging to the 9th generation, this version of the Acer laptop features an ultra-fast and responsive processor that can run smoothly even when multiple apps are running in the background.
Furthermore, the widescreen coupled with the IPS display significantly improves its overall abilities and makes it stand out among the rest of its competitors. In addition to this, the display is also backlit in nature and is perfect for nighttime use when there is relatively dim light in the surroundings.
We also observed that the graphics are top-notch in nature and are characterized by vibrant colors that seem pleasing to the eyes and can easily attract the attention of the users in a single attempt.
Apart from this, the RAM is also sufficient and is standard 8GB which is perfect for live streaming, teaching movies, and other related content. The laptop can also be used for the purpose of gaming and will not get stuck during the process. So, you can use multiple apps at the same time without any difficulty in this regard.
The keyboard is also comfortable in nature and features an ergonomic design that makes it extremely easier to use. We assure you will not face any problems while typing on this keyboard. The keyboard is also backlit in nature and can be used during the night to prevent your eyes from overstraining. This will enable you to use it for a long time with utmost efficiency and precision.
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop is the last option on the list and is integrated with some of the high-quality attributes. The gadget is relatively easier to maintain and does not require much effort on consumers’ part. Lastly, its lightweight construction makes it easier to carry around from one place to another and increases its portability to a great extent.
Factors to Consider
Central Processing Unit
CPU is of utmost significance when looking for a laptop for gaming. We suggest going for gadgets that feature responsive and relatively fast processors. This will ensure that your laptop will not get stuck while gaming, even when multiple applications are running in the background. Games such as Sims 4 are relatively intensive in nature and require a lot of memory and an ultrafast processor for efficient output. Thus, you must be extremely careful in this regard and should not neglect this factor in any aspect.
Next up on the list is the display. You should invest in a product that is characterized by the inclusion of a wide IPS display screen to enjoy a seamless gaming experience. The majority of the laptops available in the market usually feature a 15.6 inches large LCD screen that has a resolution of around 1920 * 1080 pixels.
Larger screen on laptop is perfect for watching movies as well as gaming and is our ultimate recommendation for daily use. Apart from the knowing which size of the display screen is perfect for you, the colors matter a lot as well.
You should look for devices that are capable of producing vibrant colors with warm hues that can easily attract the viewer’s attention and seem pleasing to the eyes.
Next up on the list is the keyboard. An ergonomic keyboard is associated with fast and comfortable typing, which makes it perfect for beginners and professionals alike.
You should look for keyboards that feature sufficient key spacing to reduce the chances of typos. Moreover, RGB backlit keyboards act as icing on top of a cake and are perfect for nighttime use.
They offer sufficient lighting to type comfortably in dim lighting conditions without overstraining your eyes. Besides these attributes, you should look for keyboards that are relatively easier to maintain and do not require a lot of effort on the users’ part.
This is especially useful for those that have a habit of eating or drinking while gaming, as cleaning food crumbs can be a hassle.
Last but not least, price is another factor that can significantly affect your choice of a suitable product. Consumers often neglect this factor and end up spending more than required. To avoid such situations, we suggest narrowing down the list of suitable products on the basis of price and then grading them on the basis of other factors. This will help you choose the most appropriate option for yourself without overspending.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much VRAM is optimal for Sims 4 gaming?
For Sims 4, we recommend going for laptops that can support 4GB VRAM. A 4GB VRAM can handle a massive volume of data, both image, and texture, and will prevent your operating system from getting stuck in the process. This will enable you to play the game without worrying about any performance inefficiency or other related issues. Similarly, VRAM will also support expansion features such as inclusion pets, hair, and other features in the Sims 4 game.
Can Sims 4 be played on a MacBook?
Yes, you can definitely play Sims 4 on your MacBook without any major performance or efficiency issues. However, you should be careful of the MacBook model you are using.
We suggest going for those that were released in 2012 for best performance results. Sims 4 is a demanding game and is CPU intensive in nature; thus, it might be difficult for some devices to play it efficiently without any defect. The MacBook features a relatively fast processor, and thus, it is compatible with the game.
Why does Sims 4 crash despite running on compatible systems?
The majority of the consumers report the issue of the system crashing while playing the game, even when it is compatible with the operating system. The reason for this is the CPU-intensive nature of the game, which can affect its performance to some extent.
This often occurs due to the expansion of packs and Mods in the game, which requires larger video RAM and can affect the 60 percent of CPU prowess in the long term. Apart from this, the outdated graphic drivers can be another reason for continuous app crashing.
Sims 4 is a power-intensive game that requires large memory storage and an ultrafast processing unit to operate efficiently. Thus, for this purpose, a wide variety of laptops have been designed by the manufacturers. These gadgets are characterized by a large display, a powerful processing unit, ergonomic keyboard, large RAM, and hassle-free maintenance.
However, choosing a suitable product isn’t easy, especially when you have a variety of options to choose from. Therefore, the article offered a detailed review of the three laptops for Sims 4 based on the above-mentioned features.
After a careful analysis, we gladly inform you that ASUS VivoBook F512 Laptop has surpassed its competitors in terms of ergonomics, effortless usage, lightweight construction, large RAM, and enhanced responsiveness. Thus, it is our ultimate recommendation for all the users out there.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Fueled by the revolutionary AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series mobile processor, this IdeaPad gaming laptop delivers the wins; with 6 ultra-responsive cores,...
- Includes free 3-month trial of Xbox Game Pass - Play over 100 high-quality PC games on Windows PC; includes iconic Bethesda games, new day one titles,...
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU to supercharge your favorite games - Slingshot your gaming visuals with 120Hz...
- 8GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM memory and 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD storage
- 2 x 2W speakers with Nahimic Audio for Gamers; spacious gaming keyboard with white backlight; RJ45 Ethernet, 2x2 WiFi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0; 720p...
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for...
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps,...
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit chiclet keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary....
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates...
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 4GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost up to 1840MHz at 80W (95W with Dynamic Boost 2.0)
- AMD Ryzen 7 4800H Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)
- 144Hz 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type Display
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- 15.6" diagonal FHD IPS Display, 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Anti-glare Energy-efficient micro-edge WLED Screen.
- 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H Processor, Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, plenty of high-bandwidth to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 256GB PCIe SSD Save files fast and store more data....
- Backlit Full-size island-style Keyboard, allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4GB...
- Windows 10 Home included. 14.17"W x 10.08"D x 0.92"H, 4.92 lbs. 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 x HDMI, 1 x headphone/microphone combo jack,...
- 15.6-inch FHD (Full HD 1920 x 1080) 144Hz 7ms 300-nits 72% color gamut
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10870H (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 , 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 802.11ax 2x2 Wireless LAN + Bluetooth 5.1
- Windows 10 Home, 15.6 inch FHD display With 720P Camera
- Intel i5-10200H Core, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
- 8GB DDR4 (2*Slots), 256GB SSD (PCI-e)
- 3x USB Gen 1, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type C , 1x HDMI, 1x Ethernet Ports and 1x Headphone/microphone combo jack
- Wi-Fi 6 - 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, Lithium-ion polymer 3-Cell 51whr, Weighs 4.1 lbs, DVD/CD drive not included
- Fueled by the revolutionary AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series mobile processor, this IdeaPad gaming laptop delivers the wins. With 6 ultra-responsive cores,...
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU to supercharge your favorite games. Slingshot your gaming visuals with 120Hz...
- This laptop has been professionally upgraded to 16GB RAM|512GB PCIe SSD. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. We do provide a 1-year standard...
- Connectivity: RJ45 Ethernet, 2x2 WiFi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.0; 720p HD webcam and microphone array with privacy shutter; HDMI, USB-C
- 2 x 2W speakers with Nahimic Audio for Gamers; spacious gaming keyboard with white backlight
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 Graphics up to 1585MHz at 80W TGP.
- Quad-core Intel Core 15-10300H Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 4 cores)
- 144Hz17.3” Full HD (1920x1080) IPS-Type display
- 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | 8GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM
- Durable MIL-STD-810H military standard construction