Millions of active players make Fornite the most popular battle royal game on the market. Many play it for fun, but some players focus on the competitive aspect of it.
If you want to have an extra edge over your opponents, you will need the best gaming gear, and the mouse is the most important piece of that puzzle.
We review dozens of mouses in our search for the best mouse for Fortnite, and we narrowed it down to eight models.
Top Reviewed Mouses
1. Logitech G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse
In a recent survey conducted by ProSettings, results have shown that almost half of professional Fortnite players use the Logitech G Pro. The G Pro is not an ordinary gaming mouse; it is the result of Logitech collaborating with some of the top Esports professionals to deliver the most advanced gaming mouse up to date.
G Pro used to be a limited edition mouse, given only to players and teams sponsored by Logitech. But thankfully, now you can order one and get yourself the best mouse for Fortnite.
The G Pro and another Razer model are the only wireless mouses that will be featured on this list. The reason is simple, wireless mouses have a high input latency, usually 10ms or more. For decades it has been widely accepted that wired mouses are the only true choice for professional gamers.
But G Pro changed all that, as Logitech came up with a modified wireless receiver that has less than 1ms of latency. The G Pro is worth its price alone just for this superb wireless technology, but the list of amazing features just keeps ongoing.
Fortnite players know that every shot counts, but you simply cannot get consistent accuracy without a top-grade sensor. The Hero 25K sensor is another breakthrough by Logitech, with a staggering 25.600 DPI accuracy.
The sensor has its dedicated 32-bit microprocessor, which is another culprit behind the ultra-low latency. It’s power conservative; it uses ten times less power than an average mouse sensor.
The G Pro has eight programmable buttons, so you can use your favorite Fornite macros. But every gaming mouse has them, so what’s so special about the G Pro? Four of those buttons are removable, which allows for left-right hand customizations.
The L/R click feels satisfying, and Logitech claims that the G Pro can withstand more than 50 million clicks thanks to the improved metal springs. It’s light, weighing just under 80 grams.
It has one discrete blue RGB logo, but it’s customizable, you can change it to any color you want. Since the mouse is the most important gaming perpetual, we advise you to get the best of the best, and the Logitech G Pro is just that.
2. Razer Viper Ultimate Hyperspeed
We love the G Pro, but some gamers might be turned off by its ordinary design. If you want a gaming mouse with a true gaming look, but you still want the top-of-the-line specs of the G Pro, then consider the latest Razer Viper Ultimate. It is one of the top 3 mouses used by professional Fortnite players.
The latency and the response time are 0.2ms, which is considered exceptional. We didn’t notice any difference when we compared it to the G Pro, you really won’t be gaining anything by going for wired models.
The included wireless receiver can be tucked away in the storage compartment near the sensor, which will come in handy for laptop gamers. Weighing in just under 74 grams makes it one of the lightest wireless mouses on the market.
The included Razer mouse deck will wirelessly charge your mouse. There’s one big Razer logo in the center of the body, which can be fully customized.
The Viper Ultimate utilizes the latest Focus+ sensor, and it supports modes of up to 20.000 DPI. On paper, it’s 20% less accurate than the G Pro, but we didn’t notice any considerable differences in terms of accuracy.
Razer utilized the latest optical switches, which are rated for up to 7 million clicks. This optical switch has a unique click to it, which might take some time to get familiar with.
The sides and wheel are rubberized and textured, which drastically improves the grip. Overall, we feel that the Viper Ultimate is a worthy alternative to the G Pro.
3. Gwolves Hati HTM Ultra Lightweight Honeycomb Design Wired Gaming Mouse
The Finalmouse Air58 is the second most popular mouse among Fornite professional players, just behind the G Pro. But unfortunately, it has been discounted for quite some time, and from time to time they appear on used markets for ridiculous prices.
We did our research and found out about the Hati HTM, a mouse that’s almost identical to the Air58 in every aspect.
The first thing you notice about the Hati HTM is the hollow honeycomb design. Many gaming mouses today feature this honeycomb design due to the weight reduction and improved grip. It uses the same Pixart 3360 sensor featured on the Air58.
The 12000DPI might seem low compared to the G Pro and Viper Ultimate, but paper specs are just one part of the story. The 3360 is widely known for its ultimate precision, and many professional gamers swear on it. In terms of precision, we didn’t notice any difference when we compared it to the G Pro.
This model utilizes the Omron micro switches, which are rated for up to 20 million clicks. That’s considerably lower than the G Pro and Viper Ultimate, but we have to keep in mind that this mouse comes at half the cost.
The Omron switch has a classic feel to it, both L/R clicks feel good and responsive. Hati HTM is one of the lightest models on the market, weighing just under 61 grams. The ultra-low weight combined with an improved paracord cable means you won’t encounter any cable drag.
You get six programmable buttons, which can execute any macro or function. The Hati HTM is our favorite wireless mouse, and it can go toe-to-toe even with the G Pro and Viper Ultimate.
4. Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
Razer is a brand that needs no introduction, but if you’re new in the gaming world, just keep in mind that most eSport players use their gear. The DeathAdder Elite is another popular pick among Fornite professionals. It is more compact than the Viper Ultimate, which is perfect for users with medium to small hands.
The DeathAdder utilizes the 5G sensor, with modes up to 16000 DPI. We didn’t notice any difference in terms of precision when we compared it to the top models. However, it didn’t perform as well in quick drags, so snapshots won’t be that accurate.
This model features mechanical switches, which feel satisfying on the click, and they are rated for up to 50 million clicks.
The sides and wheel are rubberized, which improves the grip, but the rubber extends covers only a small portion of the sides. But the overall grip felt exceptional, as most of the body is made of high-quality plastic with a brushed finish.
DeathAdder has seven programmable buttons, and you can assign any macro or function to them. Overall, we liked the DeathAdder, it’s a viable choice if you want a professional gaming mouse with lots of programmable buttons.
5. Logitech G403 Hero 25K Gaming Mouse
The latest Hero 25K is the best mouse sensor, and up until now, it was featured only on the G Pro model. But Logitech recently released the G403, a more affordable gaming mouse that features the famous Hero sensor.
We already reviewed the Hero 25K sensor found on the G Pro, and we can confirm that the G403 features the same one. It performs the same as the G Pro, and for this price, you won’t find a more accurate mouse.
Weighting at 84 grams, it’s heavier than the G Pro, which is a disappointment, considering the G Pro has wireless capabilities. But that’s weight without batteries, so overall G403 feels lighter.
In terms of size, it’s noticeably bigger than the Hati HTM, which is perfect for users with large or medium hands. It has six programmable buttons, which are customizable using the included G-Hub software.
With G-Hub, you can customize the RGB on the wheel strip and logo. Overall, the G403 is a stellar gaming mouse, with a fair price considering it sports the Hero 25K sensor.
6. SteelSeries Aerox 3
SteelSeries is widely known in the gaming world for their headsets, but they also have some great gaming mouses. The latest Aerox 3 has quickly become one of the most popular budget choices.
Design is bold and eyecatching, with lots of LED lights and the popular hollow honeycomb body. Many gamers prefer the hollow honeycomb mouses, as they are much lighter and offer superior grip.
The honeycomb body is usually susceptible to dust and water damage, but the Aerox 3 incorporates the AquaBarrier protection. In short, it is a waterproof case that will protect the mouse internals from water, dust or anything else that might fall into the body.
The precision is great, with modes of up to 8500 DPI. Aerox 3 utilizes Pixart sensors, which are renowned for their precision. It’s one of the lightest mouses on the market, weighing only 57 grams.
There’s a LED light stripe running along the side of the body, along with an additional light inside the body. The LEDs are fully customizable, so you have any unique look you want.
We recommend this mouse to everyone who’s looking for an affordable gaming mouse.
7. Logitech G203
Let’s say you need a capable gaming mouse for Fornite, but you don’t have a lot of money to spend. We reviewed a lot of budget mouses, and for under 20$, you will be hard-pressed to find a better one than the G203.
The G203 might look simple, but there are plenty of customization options. It has two LED lights, one incorporated in the logo and the other one in a form of a side stripe. Both can be fully customized with the G-Hub software.
It has six customizable buttons, so you can execute any macro or function you could think of. The wheel is rubberized, which improves the scrolling grip. They went with an 8000 DPI optical sensor, which felt accurate and reliable in our tests.
8. Redragon M602 RGB Wired Gaming Mouse
If you’re on the look for a mouse under 20$, but you prefer the full-sized models, you should look into the Redragon M602. The M602 has plenty of programmable buttons, a solid sensor, and a lot of LED lights.
At this price point, we didn’t expect so many features. LED lights run through the whole body of the M602, and all of them are customizable. It utilizes a 7200 DPI optical sensor, and the precision felt similar to the G203.
With seven programmable buttons, there are plenty of options for macros and extra functions. The side and wheel are rubberized, and we liked the overall feel of the M602. Overall, it’s a worthy alternative to the G203, especially if you got bigger hands.
Wireless vs wired
Until recently, most professional gamers only used wired mouses, but that changed with the latest improvements in wireless technology. Today, many professional gamers use a wireless mouse.
Since there is no cable, there’s no cable drag, and sub-1ms receivers have input lag that’s comparable to the wired versions. We recommend you go for a wireless mouse, but only the models with a sub-1ms receiver, such as the Logitech G Pro and Razer Viper Ultimate.
DPI stands for Dots Per Inch, and in short, it stands for the number of dots projected by your mouse sensor. As the number of dots increases, your sensor has more data to work with, and in turn, you get better precision.
For example, the Logitech G Pro has a 25600 DPI sensor, with the highest rating on the market. We compared it to models with lower DPI ratings and we felt a noticeable difference. So our recommendation would be to get the mouse with the highest possible DPI rating.
You could get the best mouse on the market, but it will be useless if it doesn’t fit comfortably in your hand. Most gaming mouses come in a full-size form factor, which is perfect for users with larger and medium hands. If you got smaller hands, or you just prefer using a more compact mouse, we recommend you go for one of the lightweight models.
Every mouse has three main buttons; left-click, right-click, and the middle click. But most gaming mouses utilize a few programmable buttons. You can assign them to any key you wish, but they can also execute complex macros and functions.
For example, if your game requires you to press A+C+A in rapid succession, you could program a button to execute those three keypresses in rapid succession. Most competitive Fortnite players use macros, and if you want the best mouse for Fortnite, you should get one with a lot of programmable buttons.
Is a wired or wireless mouse better for Fortnite?
Wired mouses are superior to the Wireless models, simply for the fact they have no input lag. Input lag is the time difference between the button press and the execution. Most wireless mouses have 10ms or higher input lag, which may seem negligible, but it quickly adds up.
That’s why we recommend you stick to the wired models, but there are two wireless models which we recommend. Logitech G Pro and the Razer Viper Ultimate both have sub-1ms receivers, which makes them suitable for competitive gaming.
What mouse does Tfue use?
Tfue is one of the most popular Fortnite streamers, and his current mouse of choice is the Razer Viper Ultimate.
What mouse does Shroud use?
Shroud hasn’t been playing Fortnite for quite some time, but he is still regarded as one of the best Fortnite players. Shroud is currently using the Logitech G Pro.
What is the best budget mouse for Fortnite?
There are plenty of good budget picks, but our favorite one is the Logitech G203. However, if you got larger hands, we recommend one of the full-size models, such as the Redragon M602.
With many improvements over the recent years, mouses feel and perform better than ever. If you’re looking for the best mouse for Fortnite, the only true choice would be the Logitech G Pro.
For gamers that prefer the hollow honeycomb design, we recommend the Gwolves Hati HTM, a successor to the legendary Air58. For budget gamers, we recommend either the Logitech G203 or the Redragon M602.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- 2.4GHz & Rechargeable: Built-in rechargeable battery, with a charging cable. 2.4GHz wireless technology to ensure fast and stable transmission,...
- Silent & Ergonomic Design: Soundless design for the right and left buttons, help you build a quiet atmosphere without disturbing others. The...
- LED Breathing Light: 7 different color changes randomly while in use, offering soothing ambient lighting, creating cool and fancy atmosphere for...
- 3 Adjustable DPI: 800, 1600, 2400, press the DPI button to change the cursor sensitivity depending on your activity. High precision optical mouse for...
- Wide Compatible: compatible with most system including Windows 7/8/10/XP, Vista and Linux. Fit for Notebook, PC, Laptop, Computer and other device. No...
- Amazing LED lights: The wireless mouse changes colors randomly to 7 different color schemes, creating amazing feelings for gaming or working. The...
- Stable and precise tracking: 2. 4GHz wireless technology offers a stable connection between USB receiver and your computer. Sensitive Optical sensor...
- Soundless clicking: both left and right buttons are silent, saving you from the sharp clicking noises. You can enjoy your leisure or working time...
- Friendly environment Battery: built-in 600mAh Lithium rechargeable battery, It can be repeated charging. It comes with a USB port charging cable, and...
- Comfortable feeling: natural curve design, cozy materials and medium size keep your hand in very good condition. And the quick thumb-side buttons,...
- ★4 Adjustable DPI Switch: 3200, 2400, 1600, 1200 control your own speed freely. No need any driver, plug and play directly.
- ★User Friendly Design: Ergonomically design to fit different hand sizes, no fatigue even for a long time use
- ★Six Colors Breathing LED Light: Soothing LED light will change randomly while in use, makes your mouse multi-colored and cool for gaming. DPI...
- ★Revolutionary scroll wheel system-analog strafe! Wheel pivots sideways for an extra analog axis that enables pinpoint precision, will never come...
- ★Creative design: from hot game
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a...
- Ergonomic Design - The perfect ergonomic contours design provide all day comfortable even after long hours using. Also the iron man shape design and...
- 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse- Ensures reliable connection with an increased working distance of up to 5ft and eliminates delays, dropouts and interference....
- Compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1,10 and Linux. Works with Notebook, Chromebook, PC, Laptop, Computer, and more.(batteries are NOT...
- What You Get: Wireless Mouse, USB Receiver. Besides, Next 1 we provide worry-free 24 mouths warranty and friendly customer service.
- Exclusive true move 3 12,000 cpi, 350 ips optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor
- The world's lowest and most accurate lift off distance; Cable length 2 meter; 6.5 foot
- 256 center of gravity weight tuning configurations; Lift off distance: Customizable, 0.5 millimeter, 2 millimeter
- Split trigger 60 million click mechanical switches
- Revolutionary silicone side grips for increased grip and durability
- Gaming Mouse (2018 model)