Microsoft Excel is a software used for spreadsheets and it is included within the Microsoft Office package. To properly use Microsoft Excel, an adequate device is required with enough performance to handle tasks.
Tablet is a highly mobile device that provides enough performance and features for various activities. Since most modern tablets support Microsoft Excel, there is no reason to avoid this device for professional use.
Here we have listed some of the best tablet for Microsoft Excel.
Our Top Reviewed Picks
1. Microsoft Surface Book 3 – Top Pick
Surface Book 3 is among the best tablets on the market for Excel and every other available software.
This tablet is built for performance since it handles even the most demanding tasks without throttling or glitches. Also, there is an option to use it as a laptop, portable studio and standard tablet.
The latest Surface Pen has no equal when it comes to accuracy and sensitivity. This tablet is excellent pick for artists as they will get the highest value from this pen. Additionally, this tablet also comes with a Surface Precision Mouse with three customizable buttons and smooth movement.
Surface Dock 2 can be used for external monitors, keyboards and any other additional device. By plugging the Surface cable, this tablet becomes a workstation.
Considering this is a high-performance tablet, the 12 hours of battery life is amazing. Even if the most demanding applications are used, the battery should last at least 9 hours.
Altogether, this is a perfect option for those who are looking for a premium tablet.
|Screen size||13.5 inches|
|RAM||8 GB DDR4|
|Storage||256 GB SSD|
|Dimensions||12.3 x 9.14 x 0.91 inches|
|Operating system||Windows 10 Home|
2. Microsoft Surface Pro X – Best Value for the Price
Another great option from Microsoft is the Surface Pro X. This is a highly-rated, stylish and efficient tablet.
The 13-inch screen provides the best viewing angles and great details. The Edge-to-edge PixelSense touchscreen display guarantees a great experience for work and entertainment.
With the latest LTE Advanced Pro connectivity, there is no need to rely on Wi-Fi exclusively.
Also, this tablet is highly portable due to its lightweight, slim design. That said, there is no better option for those who are frequently moving from place to place.
Like any other Microsoft tablet, this model features a high-quality keyboard with an ultra-slim Surface Pen. Writing and drawing experience is unmatched when compared to most tablets on the market.
Combined use will provide 15 hours of battery life. Without any doubt, this is more than enough even for professional users.
|Screen size||13.0 inches|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4|
|Storage||512 GB SSD|
|Dimensions||11.3 x 8.2 x 0.29 inches|
|Operating system||Windows 10 Home|
3. Lenovo Chromebook Duet – Top Budget Pick
Although it might lack performance, this tablet is an ideal option for casual users and light applications.
The multitasking potential is very low due to the 4 GB of RAM, but editing a few Excel tables won’t be a problem.
Still, booting speed is notable since the 64 GB SSD is included. That said, the Chrome OS is well-optimized with automatic updates in the background. The only thing required to get the latest applications is to log in to the Google Play Store.
Whether it is used as a laptop or tablet, the attaching and detaching is very fast and smooth.
Chromebook Duet features a lightweight design for the highest portability. Even though using it as a laptop will not be as portable, a high-quality keyboard is amazingly comfortable.
The display quality is significantly lower when compared to the most expensive tablets on the market. Still, it includes high brightness and vibrant colors.
Overall, this product performs decently for most applications and it is recommended for students.
|Screen size||10.1 inches|
|RAM||4 GB DDR4|
|Storage||64 GB SSD|
|Dimensions||9.44 x 6.29 x 0.29 inches|
|Operating system||Chrome OS|
4. Apple iPad Air
Those who prefer to use an Apple tablet should consider this product since it has enough performance to handle the most demanding tasks.
The A14 Bionic chip delivers outstanding performances for every software. That said, using this tablet for Microsoft Excel is guaranteed to go smoothly.
iPad Air features a new edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display. Considering that the touch id is available, it can be used for faster payment and personalization.
Apple Pencil is accurate and delivers an amazing users experience. Additionally, the Magic Keyboard includes backlit keys and it is quite responsive.
This tablet also features a fast Wi-Fi connection and LTE. Due to the stable and secure network, iPad Air is also suitable for casual gaming.
This product has no downsides, but some users might prefer to use a different operating system.
|Screen size||10.9 inches|
|Dimensions||9.74 x 7.00 x 0.24 inches|
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
The Surface Pro 6 is a well-rounded tablet, mostly used for intensive tasks. Still, it also works perfectly both for Microsoft Excel and entertainment.
This tablet is known for advanced customizations and build quality. Like most Microsoft tablets, it also includes laptop, studio and tablet mode.
The battery life lasts about 10 hours which is more than enough considering this is a high-performance tablet.
Surface Arc Mouse is among the best mouses on the market. It is fast, comfortable and features a unique design.
Windows 10 Home delivers an amazing user experience with advanced personalization settings. Also, using the Cortana assistant is helpful for every activity.
Overall, this tablet lacks the newest features. Still, it is a lot cheaper compared to the most expensive tablets on the market.
|Screen size||12.3 inches|
|RAM||16 GB DDR3|
|Storage||512 GB SSD|
|Dimensions||12.72 x 9.07 x 1.91 inches|
|Operating system||Windows 10 Home|
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Tab S6 perfectly combines performance, latest features and battery life to deliver an amazing user experience.
Featuring the Bixby Voice Assitant, this tablet allows users to quickly move through applications and content.
With a highly detailed display and pleasant viewing angles, it works perfectly for entertainment. Additionally, unlocking is upgraded with the fingerprint scanner.
With the dual rear, 13 MP and 5MP cameras, it delivers outstanding photo quality. Also, the 8MP front camera works perfectly for video calls or meetings.
As for the storage, 128 GB is enough for most users, but those who need more can expand the memory. The memory can be expanded with a microSD card up to 512 GB.
The best thing about this tablet might be the SmartThings application. With this application, users can control various devices connected to the tablet.
Lastly, combined use provides about 15 hours of battery life.
|Screen size||10.5 inches|
|Storage||128 GB HDD|
|Dimensions||9.63 x 6.28 x 0.22 inches|
7. Fire HD 10
Another great budget option is the Fire HD 10. This is a reliable tablet designed for entertainment and casual use.
The 2GB RAM is enough to use Microsoft Excel, but without any background process. Aside from the lack of multitasking, it works smoothly.
This tablet features Alexa Hands-Free assistant. Gathering information, web browsing and controlling multimedia is significantly easier.
Since Amazon Kids is available for every Fire tablet, limiting the content is fast and easy. The only thing required is to make a child profile.
With easy access to buttons and ports, it is comfortable for every user.
The battery life is guaranteed to last at least 10 hours since this tablet is not used for high-performance tasks.
Fire HD 10 might be the best option for inexperienced casual users.
|Screen size||7.0 inches|
|Storage||32 GB HDD|
|Dimensions||10.3 x 6.3 x 0.4 inches|
Buyer’s Guide While Buying Tablet for Microsoft Excel
Before buying a specific tablet, it is very important to consider the software that will be used. As this is not the only factor, let’s take a look at other factors.
Whether the tablet is used for Microsoft Excel or any other software, substantial storage is required for proper functionality. Modern games and projects are significantly larger, so getting at least 64 GB storage is recommended.
Every user should try to get an SSD since it increases the data transfer speed and booting speed. Upgrading the default tablet storage is possible with a microSD card.
Buying a microSD card is a cheaper solution than buying a new tablet. In every case, getting a little extra storage will prevent any difficulty in the future.
Deciding on screen size and quality should be considered for casual and professional use. Using a tablet with a higher screen will decrease portability, but it delivers a more pleasant view.
The display resolution is also important since it will determine the detail quality. Getting a 10-inch tablet with FULL HD resolution might be the best starting point.
Also, with a higher screen size and display quality, the battery is drained significantly faster. Overall investing in screen quality will definitely improve the user experience for every activity.
There are a few available operating systems to decide on. It is important to note that in some cases, an operating system is connected to the hardware. For example, those who prefer to use Apple’s operating system need to get an Apple iPad.
Even though there is no bad option, the best thing for inexperienced users is to get a tablet with Windows or Android operating system. That said, iPadOS is quite intuitive, but it will provide the most value for professional users.
There is no doubt that a higher is better in every case when it comes to the RAM memory. Although using a tablet with lower memory is possible, getting at least 8 GB RAM is recommended.
Using professional software and advanced multitasking required 16 GB RAM. That said, deciding on a proper amount of ram mostly depends on the user’s needs. The latest tablets include high amounts of RAM, but they are quite expensive.
The best tablet is the one that meets users’ needs. Microsoft Excel does not require a premium tablet, but a reliable tablet is necessary for every professional use.
Since Microsoft Excel is mostly used by professionals, getting a high-quality tablet will definitely provide a high value. Still, tablets can also be used for entertainment, so the factors discussed within this article should not be ignored.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Next-Gen power to fuel your ideas: Powered by a 10th Gen Intel Core processor and over two times faster than Surface Pro 6, Surface Pro 7+ keeps up...
- With multitasking speed, improved graphics, amazing entertainment, quality Wi-Fi performance, and long battery life. The high-resolution PixelSense...
- More ways to connect: Now with both USB Type-C and USB Type-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory...
- The standout design won't weigh you down - ultra slim and light - Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 lbs. All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus...
- With Windows 11 Home, enjoy familiar features, such as password-free Windows Hello sign-in. Create your best work with Office 365 on Windows, and keep...
- Ultra Slim & Ultra Style: Windows 10 S Tablet - the ultimate user experience. This newest version of Windows Tablet PC from Fusion5 is fully-loaded...
- Powerful & Mega Storage Space: Upgraded Intel Quad-core CPU with powerful GPU - 4GB of RAM and 128GB of on board Storage. Your new Windows tablet...
- 10" Graphic Display For Optimal Viewing: the 10 inch screen on this Windows 10 S tablet PC by Fusion5 is perfect for viewing our favourite TV shows,...
- Want More? - this is a Bluetooth 4.0 Windows PC laptop tablet. Equipped with Intel Quad-core Processor, and full-size USB 3.0 port.
- Why Buy This Windows 10 Tablet PC By Fusion5? - this ultra-slim and stylish Windows laptop tablet not only ticks all the boxes in terms of ultimate...
- 【3G Phone Call & 2.4G WIFI Connect】---The newest tablet support 2pcs phone card insertion, enable you to call or send messages to anyone anywhere...
- 【Incredible Storage】---- Featuring with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal Storage, (MicroSD Expandable to 128GB), it is perfect for running a mass of...
- 【Excellent in Fast Response】---Featuring Android 9.0 operating system of four high-performance 1.3 GHz Quad Core CPU, ensures an ultra-smooth...
- 【Great Viewing Experience】---178 degree of viewing experience at all angles through a combination of 10.1 inch 800x1280 IPS display, perfect for...
- 【Huge Capacity Battery】---Equipped with a 6000mAh built-in rechargeable battery, enables 6-8 hours mixed-use on the go.
- Minimum Bezel, Maximum View: Have More Room To View Your Favorite Content With A Lightweight Tablet That’S Easy To Use Around The House Or On The Go
- Built For Your Favorites: An 8-Inch Display Screen Immerses You In Content, And Dual Speakers Deliver Spacious Surround Sound
- Binge-Ready Battery: Browse, Watch Or Shop For Up To 13 Hours On A Full Charge. Design Cmf-Unibody Aluminum
- Room For Everything: Keep All Your Favorite Music, Photos Or Videos, Thanks To 64Gb Of Built-In Memory And 512Gb Of Expandable Storage
- Room to focus with two screens. Open and view two apps at once or span one across both screens.
- Flexibility to do more. Choose your mode for the task at hand and tackle to-dos with dual-screen enhanced apps.
- Get the best of Microsoft 365 mobile experiences and every android app in the google play store.
- Original design, created by surface. Thin, light, and versatile design does what you want it to, with revolutionary 360° hinge and dual pixelsense...
- Hold like a book, get more screen when you need it, take notes, make calls, or watch a favorite show.
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT & BUILT TOUGH - 10.1 inch display with capacitive multi-touch touchscreen is thin and lightweight at only 2.07 lbs. Easy to carry...
- RUGGED TABLET FOR ENTERPRISE FIELD WORK - MIL-STD-810G, drop tested; 26 repeated drops to plywood over concrete at 4 feet & covered ports ideal for...
- MILITARY GRADE PERFORMANCE - Windows 10 Professional (64 bit) operating system, Intel Celeron N4100 Quad Core, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC, type A 3.0 USB,...
- READY TO MOUNT - Snap Mount Plate installed on back of case ready for quick release mobile or fixed mounting solutions. Great for field workers or...
- WHAT YOU GET - Includes Power Adapter, briefcase handle, hand strap (already installed on back) & a 1 year manufacturer hardware warranty