There are many different types of tablets, each with their own operating system. Up until recently, going for a laptop was your only option if you wanted to take the full Windows experience with you on the go, but that all changed when Microsoft released their first Surface tablet.
Now in 2022, there’s a much broader choice of Windows tablets, so we had to review a lot of models to find the best windows tablet under $300.
Our Picks for 2022
1. Microsoft Surface Go 2 – 10.5″ Touch-Screen – Intel Pentium – 4GB Memory – 64GB
You won’t regret splurging a bit more for the Go 2, a model that we consider the perfect entry point into the world of Surface tablets. The latest Intel M3 processor, a big and gorgeous display, and good battery life make the Go 2 one of the top budget tablets in 2022.
Surface Go 2 features the vivid PixelSense panel, which is much more suited for your average consumer than the color-neutral IPS panels.
The big 10.5-inch screen gives you an abundance of screen real estate, which comes in handy for watching movies and browsing the web. The screen bezels are thin, making the Go 2 considerably smaller than most 10-inch tablets.
The base model sports the dual-core Intel Pentium Gold 4425Y chip. With hyperthreading, you get 4 threads and the boost frequency goes up to 1.7 GHz.
You won’t encounter any slowdowns or crashes with this CPU, since the Surface Go 2 ships with Windows 10 S, a more resource-friendly version of Windows. With 4GB of RAM, you can run some more resource-hungry apps.
The 64 GB of flash storage will be enough for the OS and some apps. If that’s not enough, you can expand the storage with a micro SD card. The latest 2022 models include a free Windows 11 upgrade, which is a nice bonus.
This model is equipped with a dual-camera system. The front camera is positioned for landscape orientation, and the 5-megapixel sensor outputs stunning and sharp HD video.
The rear 8-megapixel sensor will be useful for taking HD video, although we hoped for 4K recording support. Although the rear camera has a considerably larger resolution than the front one, we didn’t see notice much difference in picture quality.
2. Fusion5 FWIN232 PRO S2 Ultra Slim Windows Tablet PC
If this is your first time shopping for a tablet, you might not know about Fusion5, but they’ve been making tablets since 2010, so rest assured that what they’re doing. The S2 Pro is their top-of-the-line model and maybe the best Windows tablet under $300.
At 10.1 inches, it offers just a little less screen space than the Go 2. The color reproduction is accurate thanks to the IPS panel. The bezels are a bit thicker compared to the Go 2.
But they are still relatively thin when you compare them to other budget models. You can expect about 8 hours of battery life when browsing the web, but you will be quickly back at full charge, as the S2 Pro comes with fast charging support.
Fusion5 managed to cram a lot of power into this slim build. The quad-core Intel Celeron N3450 is a beefy chip, with a boost frequency of 2.2 GHz.
Pair that with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of flash storage and you get a tablet capable of running the full version of Windows 10.
You won’t be limited by the S version, as you get the full Windows 10 Home experience.
The cameras are not groundbreaking, but they get the job done. The front 2-megapixel sensor outputs a 720P signal, which is respectable considering the price range. The rear camera is a bit more capable; you get a 5-megapixel sensor that records full HD footage.
3. CHUWI Hi10 Go 10.1” Touchscreen Windows 10 Home Tablet PC
If you don’t mind the few minor limitations that come with the Home version of Windows, going for the Hi10 Go might be a good idea. With a better chip and bigger screen resolution, it is a worthy alternative to the S2 Pro.
Just like the S2 Pro, it houses a 10.1-inch screen. They went with the IPS panel, which has great picture quality and accurate color reproduction.
The 16:10 ratio offers a bit more horizontal screen space, which is perfect for watching movies and TV shows. And with up to 8 hours of battery, there’s plenty of juice for binge-watching.
You can take this tablet on the road, as it features 5G and GPS support. 128 GB of storage will be plenty for most users, and you can expand the storage with a MicroSD card.
You need a lot of processing power if you want a fluid Windows experience, and that’s where the latest Intel Celeron N4500 comes into play. Released in 2022, this quad-core chip has a blazing boost frequency of 2.8 GHz.
Since they paired this powerful chip with 6GB of RAM, more demanding apps like Photoshop still run seamlessly.
The camera system is pretty much the same as on S2 Pro; with a 2-megapixel front sensor and a bigger 5-megapixel sensor on the back.
4. Fusion5 FWIN232 Plus S1 Ultra Slim Windows Tablet PC
We enjoyed the S2 Pro, and Fusion5 has surprised us once again with another budget tablet. Due to the more modest chip and less RAM, it doesn’t fare as well as the S2 Pro in more demanding applications.
But many users will be happy to trade some performance for a more affordable price, so going for the S1 is a viable choice.
The 10.1-inch IPS screen is great for watching movies and playing games. But the modest 1280×800 resolution means there will be some pixelation visible when reading text.
The quad-core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 is paired with 4GB of RAM, which is plenty for the light Windows 10 S. The battery life is decent, with up to 8 hours of usage.
It features the same dual-camera system found on the S2 Pro.
5. Microsoft Surface Go (Intel Pentium Gold, 4GB RAM, 64GB)
The latest Surface Go 2 runs just over $300, which makes it inaccessible to users on a tight budget. Thanks to the quad-core chip and plenty of RAM, Surface Go is still relevant even in 2022.
Just like the Surface Go 2, it sports an Intel Pentium Gold processor. The dual-core 4415U has better single-thread performance than the 4425Y, mainly due to the increased boost frequency of 2.3 GHz.
You get the full Windows 10 Home experience, and 4GB of RAM will be enough to support the upcoming Windows 11.
Surface tablets are known for their impressive battery life, and the Go was no exception; you get up to 10 hours of usage when browsing the web, and about 8 hours when gaming.
At this price point, you won’t find a better display. The 10-inch PixelSense panel has an impressive resolution of 1800×1200, making it perfect for browsing the web and watching videos.
Just like most budget models, you only get 64GB of flash storage, but you can expand it with a MicroSD card. We were surprised to find out that the Surface Go sports the same dual-camera system found on the latest Surface Go 2.
Most users won’t be buying a tablet for the camera, but it is nice to know you can video chat in full HD.
6. Venturer 11.6″ [WT9L11P44GD51] Windows Laptop/Tablet
A spacious 11.6-inch screen, powerful chip, an included detachable keyboard, and stellar battery life. And all that for less than 200$ makes the Venturer one of the best budget Windows tablets.
This is one of the biggest budget tablets on the market, featuring a huge 11.6-inch screen. It’s nice to see an IPS panel at this price point, but it drains a lot of battery.
You get about 6 hours of battery life when watching videos or gaming. The powerful quad-core Intel Pentium N5000 will do all the heavy lifting. With a staggering boost frequency of 2.7GHz, it will run even the most demanding apps.
It comes with Windows 10 S, so you are limited to apps from the Windows Store. But since the chip is powerful, you can safely turn off the S mode for the full desktop experience.
4GB of RAM is just enough to keep everything running smoothly. You get 64GB of flash storage, but you can expand your memory with a MicroSD card.
7. AVITA Magus II 10.1″ HD Tablet
Who would’ve thought that the cheapest Windows tablet on the market can be this good? The Magus II is a pleasant surprise; it comes with its big screen, the included keypad, and a powerful chip, so it’s worth considering if you are on a limited budget.
Avita went with the dual-core Intel Celeron N4000. It’s missing hyperthreading support, but it excels in single-threaded tasks, mainly due to the boost frequency of 2.6 GHz.
The preinstalled Windows 10 Home runs smoothly, and you can upgrade to Windows 11 in the future.
We didn’t expect a 10.1-inch IPS panel at this price point, but you are limited to a resolution of 1280×800, which can be a dealbreaker for some users. The front-facing 0.3 sensor is not that great, but it will get the job done.
The included detachable keyboard/trackpad combo seals the deal for us. Battery life is solid, with up to 8 hours of usage.
Pros: Cheapest Windows tablet, 10.1-inch IPS panel, Solid dual-core Intel chip, 2.6GHz boost frequency, Windows 10 Home
Cons: Camera resolution is lacking.
Windows tablets love to have an abundance of RAM at their disposal. It ultimately dictates how many apps you can run simultaneously. Keep in mind that it also affects the overall app and gaming performance. We recommend you go for a model with at least 6 GB of RAM. But if your budget is limited, a 4GB version will be plenty for light tasks.
A big screen and impressive specs are nice to have on a tablet, but that won’t matter if the battery dies out after only a few hours of usage. Windows 10 is notoriously power-hungry, and most budget tablets will offer you only about 6 hours of usage, which may not be enough for some users.
If you are shopping for a budget Windows tablet, you will quickly notice that most models have limited storage capacity. Thankfully, most models can be easily expanded with a MicroSD card.
Unlike SSD and other flash memory, the price of MicroSD cards has been steadily decreasing over the years, and you will be happy to find out that you can get 128GB of storage for less than 10$.
Windows tablets come in a variety of sizes, and it will be up to you to decide if you prefer the more portable 10-inch models or the specious plus 12-inch models. If you need the perfect multimedia tablet, it’s worth trading the portability for more screen space.
What’s the best Windows tablet under 300?
If you can’t spend a dime more than $300, you will get the most value out of your money if you go for the Fusion5 S2 PRO. It’s a great all-arounder, and 6GB of RAM will be plenty to run the upcoming Windows 11.
What is the cheapest and best Windows tab?
Magus II is the cheapest model on the market, making it a perfect choice for users on a limited budget. You still get the gorgeous 10.1 inch IPS panel, and they even included a high-quality detachable keyboard.
What’s the best Windows tablet for under $250?
On average, Windows tablets are more expensive than their Android counterparts, but you can still find a good deal for less than 250$. Our favorite pick is the Hi10 Go, mainly due to its fast chip, the cinematic 16:10 screen, and 6 GB of RAM.
Which company is best for Windows tablets?
If your budget allows it, we recommend you go for the Microsoft Surface lineup. They are known for their high performance, quality screens, and high battery capacity. There are still some budget options like the Surface Go 2 and Surface Go.
With so many models on the market, it’s not easy to pick the best Windows tablet for under $300. If you can afford to spend a bit more, the Surface Go 2 will be your best option.
However, if your budget is a bit more constrained, consider the 6GB RAM models like the S2 Pro and Hi10 Go. Magus II is perfect for users who want to spend the bare minimum.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- Ultra Slim & Ultra Style: Windows 10 S Tablet - the ultimate user experience. This newest version of Windows Tablet PC from Fusion5 is fully-loaded...
- Powerful & Mega Storage Space: Upgraded Intel Quad-core CPU with powerful GPU - 4GB of RAM and 128GB of on board Storage. Your new Windows tablet...
- 10" Graphic Display For Optimal Viewing: the 10 inch screen on this Windows 10 S tablet PC by Fusion5 is perfect for viewing our favourite TV shows,...
- Want More? - this is a Bluetooth 4.0 Windows PC laptop tablet. Equipped with Intel Quad-core Processor, and full-size USB 3.0 port.
- Why Buy This Windows 10 Tablet PC By Fusion5? - this ultra-slim and stylish Windows laptop tablet not only ticks all the boxes in terms of ultimate...
- FULL-LAMINATED TECHNOLOGY: Features 21.5" full-laminated technology graphic monitor w/ lowest parallax Fhd 1080P pressure-sensitive display to ensure...
- DUAL MODE: This graphic tablet features finger touch 10-point touching support and it also comes w/ battery-free passive electromagnetic pen w/ 8192...
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: SereneLife animation tablet works with windows and mac and is compatible with all main popular art design software such as adobe...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The digital art tablet is equipped w/ VESA stand with ergonomic design & multi-angel adjustable. Features HDMI, USB, VGA, DVI...
- COMPLETE KIT: This digital drawing tablet comes complete with passive pen, pen leather bag, pen holder, clip (inside the pen holder), (8) nibs (inside...
- 【Ultra Lightweight and Slim】 This Windows Tablet is made from aluminium alloy and adopted CNC process and sandblasting oxidation treatment, which...
- 【Hard-decoding 4k Videos】 Hi10 X tablet PC comes with celeron N4120 quad core processor(1.1-2.6ghz), and 6GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB Storage for your...
- 【Best Display of This Class】 10.1 inches of FHD IPS display with G+FF full-laminated process, brings vivid and bright image to you. 16:10 aspect...
- 【Long Lasting Battery Life】 Hi10 X equipped 2 USB-C ports, one of them is used for charging and the other one is for data transmission. Built in...
- 【Really Important Thing】IF YOUR DEVICE CAN NOT BE ACTIVATED, PLEASE CONTACT US VIA YOUR AMAZON EMAIL, WE SURE YOUR DEVICES WILL BE ACTIVATED...
- Windows 10, 10.8-Inch Display.
- Processor Quad Core Intel Atom Z8700 1.6Ghz (2.4 GHz burst speed) Processor.
- 64 GB Flash Storage, 2 GB RAM.Surface 3 has up to 10 hours of battery life for video playback so you can work, browse, play, or watch all day long.
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Windows RT OS, Quad core NVIDIA Tegra 3 CPU. Display: 10.6 ClearType HD, 1366x768 pixels, 16:9 widescreen, 5 point multi touch.
- 2GB internal memory, 32 GB hard drive capacity
- Full size USB 2.0, microSDXC card reader, Headphone jack, and HD Video Out
- 24W power supply included
- Front facing camera for video chats and Skype, Rear facing camera for snapping photos