Have you planned the game night with your friends and the TV is busy? It’s pretty annoying and will make you aggressive if you are ready with your friends to play games and someone is already watching something on TV.
Not to worry, thanks to the technologies that have taken our life to the following advanced world. Now you can easily connect your PS4 to your laptop with some simple steps. And these instructions are mentioned below with a step by step guide to making sure you learn the procedure correctly and appropriately.
Make sure to focus on the details mentioned below so that you will be able to connect your PS4 to your laptop within no time. Stay connected with us until the end so no critical information would be missed.
However, it’s not possible to directly connect PS4 with a laptop because HDMI is unidirectional, which can only work via input or output. What you need to do is to display the gameplay with video output on the laptop.
Furthermore, the proper procedures are mentioned below. Make sure to stay with us so you can learn every necessary detail.
Connecting PS4 To a Laptop
Since the PS4 cannot directly be connected to the laptop but other procedures can be used for the connection. Make sure to read the following guide to connect the PS4 with the laptop while following easy steps.
Things You Should Have
Connecting the PS4 to the laptop is not easy, as the connection is technically impossible because the HDMI available is unidirectional and not multidirectional. So they will only provide one side of the connection, such as either input or output.
There are specific requirements that should be fulfilled before starting the connection between PS4 and laptop. These requirements are mentioned below in the form of the list.
- Dual-functioning HDMI
- Micro USB cable
- Internet connection
You should have all of these things mentioned above with you before starting the procedure of making connections between PS4 and laptop to display your game on the laptop screen.
1. Connection Through HDMI
You need to start the procedure by changing the settings from the PS4 menu. Find the networks’ settings and settings there on the PS4 menu and turn on the internet connectivity.
- Look for your router name and connect it with your router to enable the internet connection in your PS4.
- Take your video capture card with you and connect it with your laptop. This is made possible through the USB port available on the computer.
- Now connect the video capture card to the PS4 you have. This can be done while making the S-Video connection in the video connection cable present.
- Remember that the capture card will be connected to the HDMI IN point, and the PS4 is connected to the HDMI OUT port.
- Now look for the video capture software on the laptop screen and open it—power up the PS4, the video capture software is visible on the screen.
- The software will automatically detect the PS4 and will automatically make it viewable. This will make your PS4 display right on the laptop screen so you can enjoy your games there.
- To make the full display resolution make sure to change the screen display settings to the full-screen size.
2. Connection Through Remote Play
Remote play is an app that Sony officially launches to make the PS4 connection with the laptop easily and quickly. It helps you arrange and use a Playstation directly on the mobile or any other screen, including gaming laptops.
Make sure to read, understand, and then follow the steps mentioned below to get the most favorable outcomes of connections.
Downloading of the Sony Remote Play
- Search for the official website of Sony and download the Sony Remote Play from there.
- Make sure you have selected the appropriate operating system because Sony remote play offers an operating system. Mac and Windows.
- Go with the selection of the operating system which is compatible with your design. Otherwise, this app will not work.
- This Remote Play is highly reliable and stable in terms of playing PS4 screen on your laptop.
- Check for the downloaded file of Sony Remote Play on your laptop. It will open up a box that will say run installation, click on that and run the installation process.
- A dialogue box will open and let you see the instructions and proper procedure of installation and setting up of the Remote Play.
- It also contains the boxes of the extra features which you can download in addition to the downloading of Sony Remote Play. Ensure to check all of the boxes of different elements to download all of the additional features available.
Setting Up PS4
- Now it’s time to move on to the settings of the PS4 to make it compatible with the Sony Remote Play.
- There would be an option of remote Play connection setting. Click on that. Make sure to enable the remote play checkbox, which is visible in the settings option of PS4.
- Now the interaction can be made between the PS4 and the software you have recently downloaded on your laptop, which is called Sony remote play.
- Open the account management option from the settings of the PS4, and make sure to set your PS4 here as the primary system. Now click activate to set up the connection.
How can I use my laptop as a screen for my PS4?
You can connect your laptop with your PS4 to make it worthwhile for gaming purposes. There are different ways to connect the PS4 with a computer. PS4 can be connected to your laptop using either an HDMI cable or downloading the official Sony Remote Play. Both of these procedures are not difficult, but you need to pay attention to the steps mentioned online.
Can you connect your laptop with PS4?
Yes, it’s easy to connect your laptop with a PS4 with simple connections. There are different methods available online to connect a PS4 with a computer in case you want to play a game on the screen of the laptop. Further, Sony has launched a new software with Sony remote play name that helps you connect with your laptop easily and conveniently.
Can I use my laptop as an HDMI input?
No, you can’t use your laptop as an HDMI input directly. This is because the laptop’s HDMI port is designed to serve as an output only. So because of its built and construction and the specific property, you do not have the option of using it as input.
However, connecting PS4 directly to the laptop is not possible because of a unidirectional HDMI port. Still, because of the technology, you can make these connections possible with simple instructions. There are two different ways of connecting the PS4 with a laptop.
Both of them are mentioned above with a step-by-step guide so that you can select the one which you think is more appropriate and suitable for you. Make sure to read the instructions twice or thrice before making the connections so that you won’t skip any step and your link will be successful.